Wednesday 6 January 2010

Curls, Curves and Red Lipstick...

Whilst doing my usual of trawling through the web for something that grabs my attention, I came across some wonderful old illustrations...50's pin ups. There is something brilliantly cheeky about them. I love the femininity, power and ultra sexiness mixed with playfulness and subtle vulnerability. I also love that in this era a pin up was someone who not only looked great in their skimpy outfits but also someone who did house work or chores in their underwear along with looking great in their skimpy outfits. I guess that was a man's dream in those days...well it probably still is!

Any how the images are encapsulating and hugely inspiring. This look has been repeated in many a shoot and though she's not a personal icon, I couldn't help but include a shot POP magazine's shoot of Victoria Beckham inspired by the 50's pin up (circa 2004).



Following this theme I found this cover of POP magazine's SS06 issue featuring Sienna Miller.


A huge trend for having these illustrations as tattoos has emerged in recent years...


My style is not so inspired by this era, although it could be said that my current hair style is very reminiscent of the pinned back, quiffed look of the girls of the 50's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts, I love to hear your comments.

Coco xx