Monday 8 February 2010

DECODE at The V&A Museum...

I visited the beautiful V&A Museum this weekend. I went to visit the Decode exhibition, it was splendid. I have never known art to be so fun. The exhibition is based around artists using digital technology to create new work. Lots of it was interactive therefore the art works actually reacted to the viewers movement, voice or touch and other pieces invited the viewer to in fact create the art by movement.


My favourite piece was Make-Out by Rafael Lozano-Hemmer. The piece consisted of three screens with hundreds of stills of couples kissing as the viewer walked past the piece a sensor triggered the couples to start kissing, creating a fully moving piece. Every moving image was found on the internet...I wonder how long it took the artist to find all those images?

Still

Moving

Close up

I fully urge you to see it lovely readers, a great way to spend a fiver and get lost in some great new art, even those who are not really art fans will enjoy, definately worth a look.


2 comments:

  1. i went to see that exhibiton. it was booya!
    i went by myself though and felt like a bit of a loner! ha. Wish i'd goen with some one. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I went on my own too, it would have been even more fun if I was with someone! x

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know your thoughts, I love to hear your comments.

Coco xx