Wednesday 8 July 2009

The Man in The Mirror...

I couldn't let the untimely death of the great Michael Jackson go by without mentioning it. I am a huge fan as are most people of my generation and I think it is a terribly sad end to an incredible and somewhat tragic life.

I'm not however going to go into the ins and outs of his life, his estate and fortune, the kids, his debts, or even his music. I'm going to talk about his fashion.

Firstly I must give a nod to the obvious i.e the glove, the white socks and the fedora hat. They were all important MJ fashion moments and iconic parts of his style. The glove has been donned since his death as somewhat of a statement by many around the world, all wearing them to pay tribute and show their respect.

My favourite period of MJ style was the late 80's/early 90's era. This is when Jackson was at his peak in my view and the outfits matched the 'hoo haa' that went with Jackson fever. Sequins, studs, leather, leather trousers, lamé and straps and buckles were all key features during this time. My absolute favourite piece of all is the all- over sequined military jacket pictured above (note how it is not dissimilar to the Balmain jackets we have seen on the catwalk last fashion week) I am in awe of this jacket!

R.I.P MJ... you and your style will be missed the world over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts, I love to hear your comments.

Coco xx