Sunday 3 July 2011

Getting Over The Glasto Blues: iTunes Festival: Seasick Steve...

Last night I found the cure to my Glastonbury blues, who knew that it would be a performance by veteran blues singer, Seasick Steve. This year's iTunes festival started on Friday night and last night I was lucky enough to go Camden's Roundhouse for the festivities (mega big thanks to besties; Ria and Rory for the pleasure).


Happily sitting in the members bar with a great view, sipping on a gin and tonic was great enough. Then a few tracks in, Led Zeppelin's bassist John Paul Jones joined Seastick Steve on stage for the duration of the set. If that wasn't a treat enough, mid-set one of my top three rock chickas of all time, Alison Mosshart of The Kills came on as well as none other than Jack White of the White Stripes on drums. The dream team played one track together as the crowd went wild in the realisation that they were seeing something truly important.










Thanks Steve, I feel better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts, I love to hear your comments.

Coco xx