Monday 12 September 2011

Recent Obsession: Maria Black

Last week I attended the International Jewellery Fair at Earls Court. Out of hundreds of brands showing beautiful designs one really stood out for me, Maria Black.




Her note-worthy pieces are unbelievably cool and are now at the top of my wish list!





I was lucky enough to catch up with the lady herself who divulged a little inside information into her inspirations...

Coco: What is the target age range for your collection?
Maria: It's not about age, it's about style. I've had customers up to the age of 80!

C: What is the main concept/inspiration behind the current collection and the brand?
M: I wanted to create jewellery for girls that want a little more for their money, the girl that wants something affordable but something a little more special than the highstreet. I have taken a lot of inspiration from the 80s but not in a such a literal sense. I drew inspiration from the geometric shapes of the era along with key pieces such as ear cuffs and toe rings.



Maria Black's pieces are all beautifully handcrafted in her London studio, click here to view stockist information.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts, I love to hear your comments.

Coco xx