Thursday 5 July 2012

Christian Dior Haute Couture AW12/13


The fashion world waited with baited breath this week to see Raf Simons' debut collection for fashion house Dior at Paris Couture Week and it appears I am not the only one who liked what they saw.

Amongst many well wishes from fashion's biggest names, Vogue.co.uk reported that Albar Elbez was quoted telling the Guardian, "Today was a beautiful marriage between a designer and a house."

The collection was a fantastic array of tuxedo detailing from lapels and tux pockets appearing on bustier dresses and gowns to the nipped waists and exaggerated hips on the cigarette pant trouser suits. The full skirts on the beautiful strapless gowns that sauntered down the floral-walled catwalk towards the end made me dream of going to my school prom again and the whole thing oozed Dior charm whilst bringing something fresh and new to the house.




After all the speculation of who would be the new designer at the infamous fashion house, I for one am glad that Simons got the job.

What did you think of the show?

           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts, I love to hear your comments.

Coco xx