Tuesday 18 September 2012

London Fashion Week: Corrie Nielsen SS12

Last season Corrie Nielsen's show was one of my favourites so this season I was super-excited to see what she had to offer and once again, she did not disappoint.


Taking inspiration from flowers, botanics and even green house architecture, Nielsen's collection explores the structure of flowers inside and out creating sculptures of fabric around the feminine form.



 In a truly avant garde way, Nielsen's collection is a celebration of femininity with ruffles, frills, bows and accentuated shapes (such as peplums) in organza, silk and mesh. The almost antique, colour palette was dream-like with off-whites and creams teamed with dusky pinks and blues.




The wedding dress which closed the show was enough to make even the strongest of wedding-phobes want to run down the isle (I guess I had better start saving now).

So what do else do I need to say about Corrie Nielsen's SS13 show? Romance and drama at it's absolute finest, and in my opinion what London Fashion Week is all about.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts, I love to hear your comments.

Coco xx