Thursday 3 September 2009

SW4...The final festival


Last weekend was bank holiday weekend here in the UK. This means an extra day off (Monday) and a hell of a lot of partying. Being that it was the last bank holiday of the year and my last festival of the year, I partied exceptionally hard!
SW4 is held in Clapham, London every year and is based around Trance and Hardhouse along with Minimal and Electro. Cue neon, tu-tus and furry boots I hear you cry? Well on this occasion...no!! At most dance based festivals this is the uniform most of the revellers chose to don but being based in central London outfits were original and individual with a dusting of the summer's trends still lurking about.



We started watching Richie Hawtin, who played a powerful set for minimal fans (like moi), although the sound had something to be desired by being quiet and muffled. The sun was beaming so the main stage is where we headed, nothing beats partying outside in the sun with 20,000 others. The line up was a mixed bag and we painfully watched David Guetta (avec cheesy grin and the shameful playing of all his own tracks), but the atmosphere was pounding and we were ready to go. As the day went on my rowdy lot were all on tender hooks waiting for the main event...Sasha and Digweed. They played a punchy and electric set and as the sun set and the lasers came on I couldn't help but feel euphoric that this was the last set I would see during festival season.



All in all a great day, a great close to summer and a great close to festival season. So as I pack away my wellies, fold up the camping chair and roll up the sleeping bag, all I can say is roll on next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts, I love to hear your comments.

Coco xx